It is officially Fall! While the Fall colors may be beautiful, there’s no denying that the chillier weather can get to you. But have no fear! After a busy day, warm yourself up with a comforting bowl of chili.
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 14 ½ ounces crushed tomatoes canned
- 19 ounces kidney beans canned, drained & rinsed
- 14 ½ ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine ground beef and 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder.
- In a large pot, brown ground beef, onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Drain any fat.
- Add in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 45-60 minutes or until chili has reached desired thickness.
- Chili is perfect for freezing. Cool a batch at home and then heat it up on the road.
- Don’t forget the toppings! After heating up, top it off with cheddar cheese, green onions, cilantro or other favorite toppings.