Healthy Dinner for Truckers
There’s no reason to not eat well while you’re on the road. You can easily prep real meals and take them on the road with you. Your home-cooked meals will be tastier and healthier than greasy burgers from fast food joints or truck stops.
This beef and broccoli meal can be pre-cooked and re-heated while you’re on the road or you can create it from scratch while you’re in the truck. It’s a simple and tasty recipe!
The best part is that you can change what you serve the concoction on. Rice is great, and rice re-heats in your microwave nicely, as do stir-fry noodles.
This beef and broccoli mix will reheat in the microwave fairly well. However, taking pre-cut beef from home and cooking it in your slow cooker while you drive results in a noticeably better supper.
- 1 kg cut beef
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 – 1/4 of cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut or olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Rice or noodles
- Whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and brown sugar, in the crockpot
- Place the cut beef in the liquid and stir until the beef is coated
- Cook on low heat for 4 hours
- Once cooked, stir in the cornstarch (this will thicken the liquid). Mix well
- Add the broccoli and stir to coat the broccoli
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes to cook broccoli
- Serve with rice or noodle of choice