Feel like adding some honey to your life? Then this Honey Sesame Chicken is just the fix you need. Prepared in a crockpot, you cook this tasty meal right in the truck with no hassles.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thighs would be fine too)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (could also use olive oil or canola oil)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional – doesn’t really add heat, just adds more flavour)
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
- sesame seeds
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season both sides of chicken lightly with salt and pepper, put into crockpot.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, or just until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch add 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crockpot. Stir to combine with sauce. Put lid back on and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce before serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles.