Sloppy Joes AND sliders? What could be better? This easy recipe adds a perfect, homecooked meal to your day. Grab your ingredients and prepare the recipe right in your truck.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (80 percent lean)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 inner stalk celery (with leaves), finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- One 14.5-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 slider buns or mini potato rolls, split
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the ground beef, garlic, celery, peppers, onions, tomato sauce, ketchup, chili powder, dry mustard, onion powder, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix together with a wooden spoon, making sure to break up the ground beef. Set the machine to high and cook for 4 hours.
- Spoon the sloppy joe mixture onto the buns to make sliders.