With the hot summer days quickly approaching it’s a good idea to have a list of cold meals to eat when the thermometer is breaking. Wraps are a great lunch, even dinner, option for busy truck drivers on the go. Simply prep this one at home and package it to go. It’s enough to make 4 meals and will last in the fridge for up to four days.
- 4 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Beef Top Sirloin Steak, about 3/4-inch thick
- 8 Large Whole Grain Tortillas
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Horseradish
- 4 cups Shredded Lettuce
- 1 cup Chopped Tomato
- In a small bowl, mix chilli powder, oregano, cumin and salt. Rub mixture on both sides of beef. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Set oven control to broil. Place beef on rack in broiler pan. Broil with top 3 to 4 inches from heat about 10 minutes for medium doneness, turning once, or until desired doneness.
- Cut into 1/8-inch slices and package for the road.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and horseradish and package for the road.
- Chop up lettuce and cut tomatoes – toss in other fresh veggies if you want to and package each one in its own container to take on the road.
When you’re ready to eat your wraps:
- Warm tortillas as directed on package. You can warm the beef as well or eat it cold.
- Spread 3 tablespoons horseradish mixture over each tortilla; top each with 1 cup of the lettuce and 1/4 cup of the tomato.
- Top with beef. Wrap tortillas around filling.