Ham, linguine, and Parmesan, how could you not love this recipe! Make this mouth-watering linguine carbonara with ham at home and enjoy it on the road!
- 1 pound fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil and cook ham, garlic and onions over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add wine and let reduce until almost evaporated.
- In a bowl, stir together egg yolks, eggs and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Cook pasta & peas together in a large pot of salted water just until pasta is is firm to the bite. Drain pasta ensuring that you reserve 1 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid.
- Immediately toss pasta with the egg mixture and ham (you must do this right away to ensure the hot pasta cooks the egg). Add reserved cooking liquid a little at a time to get desired consistency (usually about 3/4 cup). Stir in parsley and serve.