- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 28 oz can of tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 3 10 oz cans of consomme or beef broth
- 1 can tomato soup
- 4 chopped carrots
- 2 bay leafs
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp garlic
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup barley
- Brown meat and onions and then drain the fat.
- Add everything else and simmer for a minimum of 2 hours on the stove.
- Brown the meat and onions, then toss them in the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.