Prepare this chicken salad before you leave for your run and have 4 days of quick, healthy lunches. Perfect to eat with bread, salad, wraps, or even on its own.
INGREDIENTS Makes 6 Servings
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – boiled
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, chopped
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Chill and serve.
Calories per serving: 201, Fat 7 grams, Carbohydrates 5 grams, Protein 27 grams
Freeze your chicken stroganoff and take it along with you on the road for a healthy dinner.
INGREDIENTS Makes 4 Servings
- 1 Tablespoon chopped carrot
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- ¼ Teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Ounces Neufchtel cheese
- 8 Ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 Cup frozen peas
- Combine the carrot, parsley, onion, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and ground pepper in a small blender or food processor. Process until finely chopped and transfer to slow cooker. Add chicken and butter and mix. Cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir in Neufchatel cheese, chicken soup, and peas. Cook on High until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.
Calories per serving: 330, Fat 16.9 grams, Cholesterol 108 mg, Carbohydrates 6.9 grams, Fibre 2.7 grams, Protein 32.7 grams