During the hot summer months, there is nothing better than tossing together a quick cold meal! Try out this Greek Pasta salad recipe which works well as a meal on its own or as a side to your perfect BBQ!
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain, and rinse in cold water.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, lemon juice, basil, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, cucumber, and black olives.
- Add dressing, and toss to coat.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.