Discover meals for truck drivers with Len Dubois Trucking of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Making your favourite homemade meals in the truck is quick and easy, and it sure saves drivers a lot of money. Try this easy to make spaghetti and meatballs recipe, perfect for the crock pot and in truck cooking. This recipe also freezes well, so if you’d rather cook at home, this is a great one to try out.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MEATBALLS
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/8 c breadcrumbs
- 1/8 c parmesan
- 1/8 c chopped parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 170 g spaghetti
- To make the meatballs, mix together ground beef, breadcrumbs, parmesan, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Form into 16 meatballs and place in the bottom of a crock-pot.
- In another large bowl, mix together crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, oregano, and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Pour sauce over meatballs.
- Cover crock-pot with lid and cook on high for 3 hours on low for 6.
- During the last hour of cooking add chicken broth and spaghetti noodles to crock-pot (you can break noodles in half to make fit in the crock-pot). Replace lid and continue cooking for the remaining hour.
- Skip the meatballs if you prefer, cooking the pasta sauce on high for 2 hours or low for 4; add the spaghetti and chicken broth, cover and cook for 45 minutes to an hour.