After the holiday, you’re probably wondering what to do with all those leftovers – especially the turkey. This recipe is a great idea if you want to try something new and get rid of those leftovers. This is also a good recipe to make at home, freeze it and warm it up out on the road.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lbs of turkey – cubed
- 1 tsp clove garlic — minced
- ½ cup onions — diced
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper — diced
- 1 ½ cup green beans — chopped
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- Salt and ground fresh black pepper
- A pinch of crushed red pepper
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey and break it up until it’s in small pieces.
- Once the turkey is almost cooked through, add the onion and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook until onions are golden brown.
- Add yellow peppers, green beans, and tomato sauce.
- Cover the skillet and cook until they are tender.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.