- 3 cups cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ham, sliced in 2-inch ribbons
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for garnish
- Begin to boil water in a large pot for the tortellini.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add whipping cream, ham, and salt, bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortellini according to directions on package and toss in frozen the peas when 30 seconds remain. Drain pasta and peas and add them to the sauce.
- Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano and cook for 1 minute, then serve.
- Optional: serve with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.