Just because you’re away from home doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on one of the rare occasions where turkey is served! Grab your crock pot and get ready to make your Thanks Giving a.k.a. Turkey Day feast in the truck. You can also use your microwave to make many of your favouite sides like stuffing and mashed potatoes!
- 2 pounds turkey breast, skin on
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, 1-inch dice
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- Dry your turkey breast by dabbing it with paper towels – it will make the spices stick better 😉
- In a small bowl combine paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil until it forms a paste.
- Spread spice mixture evenly over both sides of the turkey breast.
- Sprinkle garlic cloves, onions and rosemary evenly over the bottom of slow cooker.
- Place the turkey breast in the slow cooker on top of the garlic, onions, and rosemary.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 3 hours. Cook turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Check at 2 1/2 hours and continue to cook as needed.
- Remove from the slow cooker and enjoy!