Are you looking for an opportunity to use your self-motivated passion and talent for logistics to enhance operational performance in a profitable and entrepreneurial business?
Reporting to the Vice President, this role is responsible for coordinating and tracking the transportation of products (domestic and international) for our clients and arranging third-party carriers to move our client’s products and liaising with the Dubois Global Logistics team.
Since 1986, Len Dubois Trucking has been meeting the transportation and logistics needs of its clients across North America. It has been our tradition through two generations to create the highest standard of service that exceed our customer’s expectations. In 2011 we created a new business unit – Dubois Global Logistics.
Len Dubois Trucking believes that it is important to give back to the community where we work, live and play. We have been very involved in our charities of choice: The Winnipeg Santa Claus Parade, The Children’s Museum, Special Olympics and STARS Air Ambulance.
At Len Dubois – Your Trust Drives Us!
This position is located in a great office in Winnipeg – which is currently located just off McPhillips – though as you see in this article – we are moving to CentrePort this summer! https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/business/centreport-home-base-for-some-of-countrys-largest-trucking-firms-503877122.html
We are growing and we are looking for someone with exceptional logistics skills to join our dynamic and professional team.
The position requires strong communication skills both oral and written. The Coordinator plays a key role in the organization and must work closely with all of our customers and internal departments to ensure a high level of customer service for our customers.
This position provides exceptional customer service, tracking and tracing of the loads / shipments. Other duties include negotiating efficient rates with carriers, developing and maintaining strong business relationships. Coordinate and process transportation for both North America and International shipments and ensure on- time deliveries as well as processing all documentation of shipments.
- Communicates and coordinates delivery schedules with customers
- Must utilize various transportation providers/ internal software systems, to facilitate movement planning and scheduling
- Organize and maintain hard copy and electronic documents supporting delivery fulfillment, pricing and contractual obligations
- Codes and prepares paperwork for billing and authorization of a variety of invoices
- Central point of contact for customers on day-to-day status reports, primarily focused around on time delivery
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, environmental, safety and hazmat regulations, validation of insurances
- Forecast, plan, schedule and confirm all transportation arrangements
- Coordinate and track the transportation of goods by 3rd party carriers and our internal transportation fleet
Ideally you will have:
- Experience with Truck Mate or similar logistics software is an asset
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a logistics role
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Commerce or Business knowledge of U.S.A. and Canadian import/export regulations would be considered an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, Loadlink
- Multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment with high volume calls
- Detail oriented with knowledge of cities, geography and working knowledge of Google Maps
- Ability to manage a busy schedule with constant changes (flexible)
- Knowledge of Canadian and U.S. customs procedures CBSA, CSA
- Awareness of highway traffic act including hours of service, TDG, Weight restrictions etc
- Experience with intermodal and rail networks is an asset.
TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Directive personality – solves problems in an innovative and decisive manner
- Positive and outgoing – interacts in a socially engaging manner
- Sense of urgency – with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Detail oriented – but with creative ability to get the job done
- High level of commitment, integrity and dependability
- A driver for bottom-line results
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A dynamic, growing, award-winning company with the opportunity to take your career to the next level
- A strong corporate culture that is committed to personal and professional growth
- A strong compensation package, with excellent benefits
- Continuous learning opportunities to enhance your career
- Working with a fun team that maintains a family like atmosphere
- A corporate uncompromising commitment to safety
- Strong support from organization’s ownership
If your excited about this opportunity and believe you are qualified to join our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume, along with a cover letter that briefly responds (in 4 separate numbered paragraphs) to the following questions:
- Relevant qualifications and work experience in Canada
- Why you feel you are you a good match for this role
- Your approach to Logistical excellence
- Your salary expectations (ballpark)
* If you do not include a cover letter – your application will likely not be read
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity.