Career Opportunity – Dispatch Coordinator
Len Dubois Trucking is a family-run Winnipeg trucking company. Specializing in full truckload, LTL and warehousing – we can find your transportation solution.
The Western Canada & Regional Dispatch is an integral role in the Operations Department. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position maintains professional and courteous relationships with customers, drivers in their fleet and all company staff. Ensuring accurate and effective communication is the top priority in this role.
- Responsible to monitor assigned outbound trucks for on time delivery.
- Point of contact for all drivers with respect to their fleet.
- Ensure trip routes are efficient and drivers are following assigned routes.
- Dispatch fleet of drivers on all loads – outbound and inbound.
- Liaise with customers with regards to upcoming appointments, anticipate customer needs and reach out as required.
- Handle all correspondence with regards to planning, as quickly as possible. Maintain positive, consistent communication with customers and drivers.
- Support fleet managers with details regarding highway driver direct deliveries.
- Display strong problem-solving skills. Using resources to solve discrepancies swiftly.
- Responsible for full-cycle dispatch of regional and scheduled trucks.
- Quote and rate freight as required for efficient reloads.
- Responsible for local delivery appointments and planning assigned trucks. Collaborate with LDT Administration for optimal routes and times.
- Monitor load tenders for pre-booked delivery appointments.
- Complete local splits in a timely fashion after delivery.
- Responsible for regular reviews of local driver time management and booking interprovincial loads to utilize drivers during slower times.
- Assist with staff coverage as necessary.
- Use appropriate software to complete customs documents.
- Provide Finance Department with accurate POD’s as they become available.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and managers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with TruckMate, LoadLink and similar logistics software is considered an asset.
- Three (3) years experience in a fulfilment/dispatch role.
- Multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with high call volumes.
- Detail-oriented with working knowledge of Google Maps.
- Ability to manage a busy schedule with constant changes.
- Solid communication skills.
- Strong understanding cross border requirements ACE and ACI.
- Awareness of Highway Traffic Act including HOS, TDG, Weight Restrictions, etc.
- Complete knowledge of carrier freight calculations and accessorial changes.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Work Location: In person
Apply on InDeed – https://ca.indeed.com/job/dispatch-coordinator-cae0b38e179baab3