Apprentice Trailer Technician
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your self-motivated passion and talent for equipment repair in a profitable and entrepreneurial business?
At Len Dubois Trucking we are proud of our commitment to safety, and it starts at home with well-maintained facilities and equipment. Our on-site Apprentice Trailer Technicians inspect & repair each unit before it leaves our home terminal ensuring the safety of the public and our drivers from the start of each trip.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Full Time – Apprentice – Trailer Technician to join our maintenance team. The position is Monday to Friday from 7:30 to 4:00.
Since 1986, Len Dubois Trucking has been meeting the transportation and logistics needs of its clients across North America. It has been our tradition through two generations to create the highest standard of service that exceeds our customer’s expectations.
Len Dubois Trucking believes that it is important to give back to the community where we work, live, and play. We have been very involved in our charities of choice: The Winnipeg Santa Claus Parade, The Children’s Museum, Special Olympics, and STARS Air Ambulance.
At Len Dubois – Your Trust Drives Us!
This position is located in our outstanding new facility in CentrePort.
LVL 1 starting wage – $17.50/hr – Bumped to $18.07 after apprenticeship registration confirmed. $19.45/hr once LVL 1 is complete and passing marks are confirmed. $21.83/hr once LVL 2 is complete and passing marks are confirmed. $24.21/hr once LVL 3 is completed and passing marks are confirmed.
We are seeking a team member that takes initiative, is committed to providing excellent customer service, and has the drive to provide innovative solutions to achieve one common goal.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, our Apprentice Trailer Technician completes preventative maintenance and repairs on our fleet in a timely and efficient manner by diagnosing problems found during inspections & providing the correct repairs required.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Mechanically inclined or experienced with welding, diagnosing and troubleshooting components and systems of trailer equipment.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance inspections including tire and wheel maintenance, basic brake repairs, lighting repairs, and as you progress through the apprenticeship training to enhance your skills; the duties will also be enhanced.
- Minimum education requirement of completion of grade twelve (12) and must be willing to take part in the apprenticeship training to obtain journeyman “Red Seal”
- The following would be considered an asset: trailer technician working toward journeyman “red seal” status:
- § Class 3 driver’s license.
- § Your own toolbox and the following: wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers and eventually purchase your own air tools.
We believe in our team and support training and development. The apprenticeship program entails school time and must be willing to register for the trade.
TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Solves problems in an innovative and decisive manner
- Positive and Strong Communicator
- Detail-oriented – but with creative ability to get the job done
- High level of commitment, integrity, and dependability
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic, growing, award-winning company with the opportunity to take your career to the next level
- A strong corporate culture that is committed to personal and professional growth
- A strong compensation package, with excellent benefits
- Continuous learning opportunities to enhance your career
- Working with a fun team that maintains a family-like atmosphere
- A corporate uncompromising commitment to safety
- Strong support from the organization’s ownership
- Regular (daytime) hours
- Benefits include the following: Health and dental plan, group life insurance with disability, accidental death and dismemberment
- Also: boot allowance, onsite lunchroom, free parking
If you are excited about this opportunity and believe you are qualified to join our team, we would love to hear from you. Please go to our Indeed posting and send us your resume, along, perhaps with a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit!
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB R0H 2E6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have your own tools?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- class 5 (required)
- class 3 (preferred)