Pancakes are one of those family favourite breakfasts that we’ll even make for lunch or dinner when the mood strikes. For truck drivers, pancakes can be a quick, hot meal when you just don’t have the time to stop for a meal. Pancake mix is also a great, non perishable food item that you can store in the truck for emergency purposes or to use when you’ve run out of those delicious home cooked meals.
- 1/4 cup of pancake mix
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk (substitute with water if you have no milk)
- 1 egg (substitute with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil if you have no egg)
- Mix your ingredients together
- Pour half of the mixture onto a buttered plate
- Cook in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1.5 minutes depending on the strength of your microwave and size of your plate).
- Top with your usual pancake favourites.
Check out more truck driver friendly recipes from Len Dubois Trucking.
Image courtesy of Serge Bertasius Photography at freedigitalphotos.net