Make your own breakfast burrito kit for a fast and awesome breakfast in the morning. Cook the filling at home and freeze in individual servings. Thaw the night before you’re going to use it and then heat it in the morning and warm up a tortilla.
Start your day with a great breakfast!
- 1 lb(s) lb breakfast sausage
- 1 lb(s) lb thin bacon
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 24 eggs
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- Several dashes hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar Jack
1. Cook the sausage in a large skillet, crumbling it fine. Drain on a paper towel. Fry the bacon in the same skillet until crisp. Drain on a paper towel, let cool and then crumble into tiny pieces. Saute the jalapenos, onions and bell peppers in the same skillet until golden brown – about 4 to 6 minutes.
2. While the vegetables are cooking, beat the eggs in a bowl with the half-and-half, seasoned salt, hot sauce, and black pepper.
3. Turn the skillet heat to low and pour in the egg mixture. Add the sausage and crumbled bacon. Slowly cook the eggs, using a wooden spatula to push them around the pan until they’re totally cooked through. Stir in the cheese until melted.
In the morning, warm the tortillas using your favorite method, and add some of the fillings to each. Top with salsa and grated cheese, then roll it up.