Eating healthy on the road doesn’t have to be a lot of work, it just takes some planning. This Steak and pepper recipe is easy to put together at home, freeze and then take with you in the truck.
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Calories 301 kcal Carbohydrates 11.7 g Cholesterol 65 mg Fat 15.8 g Fiber 1.9 g Protein 28.2 g Sodium 1189 mg