Yields 4 Servings
Perfect to serve over a bed of rice or in a homemade flour tortilla. Freezes well, so you can make this ahead of time and take it along with you on your next trip.
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 of a green, yellow, red, and orange pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 can of mushrooms
- 3/4 cup of Italian Dressing Vinaigrette
- Cut chicken breast into strips.
- Coat with cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook over high heat with half of the Italian Dressing Vinaigrette until mostly cooked, approximately 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining dressing and all vegetables to the chicken. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve over a bed of rice or in a homemade tortilla.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving:
Calories:156.9 Total Fat: 1.8g Cholesterol: 68.4mg Total Carbs:5.5g Protein:28.9g
Yields 12 Large
These home made tortillas are super easy to make and taste amazing.
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 ¾ cup warm water
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and work with your fingers until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Add the water and mix until the dough comes together.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Section the dough into easily workable pieces (2 to 4) and roll out using a well floured surface and rolling pin.
- Use a plate to cut circles out of the dough until all dough is used. Stack tortillas using a piece of parchment paper to separate.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place tortillas one at a time into skillet and cook until bubbly and golden; flip and cook second side until golden.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Amount Per Serving:
Calories:169.0 Total Fat: 2.3g Cholesterol: 5.2mg Total Carbs: 32.0g Protein:4.3g
Prepare the tortillas ahead of time and heat them in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds before filling.
Do you have a recipe that you want to share with us? Send your recipe, along with a picture and we’ll share it with the fleet. Email us at LenDuboisTrucking@gmail.com.