Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but for a truck driver it can often be a quick stop at the truck stop or forgotten all together. This microwavable pancake recipe only takes five minutes to make – including cook time! Treat yourself to a delicious pancake breakfast and start your day off right.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix, followed by all the wet ingredients and whisk (you want a thick consistency).
- Lay a sheet of greaseproof baking paper on a plate (must be greaseproof otherwise the pancakes will stick) then add a heaped spoonful of the batter in the middle of the paper.
- Lay another sheet of greaseproof paper on top and then add another spoonful of batter on top, above the first spoonful.
- Repeat until you have laid four spoonfuls of batter and finally top with a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Microwave for 2.5 minutes – done! (I use a 800-850watt microwave).
- Peel the pancakes off and dress with butter and your favorite type of syrup!