Here’s a great make at home recipe that warms up well in a microwave. Tasty enough to eat by itself or combine it with rice, pasta, or tacos to add some variety to your meals.
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ½ can crushed tomatoes
- 2 oz. pickled jalapeños
- ½ lb shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- guacamole (optional)
Make your own Taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 – 2 teaspoons onion powder or garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fry the ground beef in butter, and add taco seasoning and tomatoes.
- Place the ground beef mix in a baking dish with jalapenos and cheese on top. Bake on upper rack in oven for 15–20 minutes.
- Chop the chives finely and mix in with the sour cream.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
If you’re looking for more Trucker Friendly Recipes, check out the link!