Being a truck driver doesn’t mean you have to live off of truck stop food or fast food. You can eat a variety of healthy, home cooked meals that are not only better for you, but also a lot easier on the old wallet. Check out this recipe for a quick and easy lunch or snack that works well for your busy afternoon schedule.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and pour in enough water to cover them; set pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil 10 minutes; drain and place eggs in an ice-water bath.
- When eggs are cool enough to handle, remove shells.
- Chop eggs in small (1/2 inch) pieces.
- Transfer eggs to a medium bowl. Add chives, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt and pepper; mix until blended.
- Serve on bread, in a wrap or even with crackers.
Don’t like this recipe? Don’t worry we have lots of different ones. Check out more truck friendly recipes from Len Dubois Trucking.