Need a super quick lunch or dinner idea for the truck? Try out this Microwave Meatloaf recipe. This untraditional cooking method gives truckers a traditional flavour with reduced cook times and hardly any cleanup.
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- Additional ketchup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, ketchup, oats and soup mix.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into a microwave-safe mug or custard cup coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with additional ketchup if desired.
Get more Trucker Friendly Recipes from Len Dubois and eat well while you are over the road.