Heavy Truck/Trailer mechanic wanted. This is a great opportunity to work in a supportive, RPM Safe Work Manitoba Certified shop. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package, a work environment committed to safety, learning opportunities for professional growth, strong support from management and ownership, and a professional culture that puts people first.
We are growing and we are looking for someone with exceptional mechanical aptitude and skills that enjoys working on heavy-duty trucks and trailers to join our dynamic and professional team.
The Truck and Trailer Technician – plays a key role in the organization and must work closely with all of our drivers and internal departments to ensure a high level of customer service is provided. The position requires strong communication skills both oral and written. You must perform repairs efficiently and cost-effectively. Adhere to the Len Dubois Trucking maintenance practices and procedures to achieve a budgeted cost per mile.
TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Direct personality – solves problems in an innovative and decisive manner
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions to others
- Positive and outgoing – interact in a socially engaging manner
- Sense of urgency – with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Detail-oriented – with the ability to get the job done
- High level of commitment, integrity and dependability
- A driver for bottom-line results
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- The ideal Truck & Trailer Technician will have 3-5 years’ experience repairing trucks and trailers and will service both fleet and third party equipment.
- Preference is given to those with their Red Seal Commercial Transport Technician Certification
- MGI license
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; and hold a valid CVIP License or a Valid Class 3 license, Air endorsed
- Technicians must have their own tools;
- A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude and a high level of professionalism;
- Demonstrated skills to diagnose, troubleshoot, all truck and trailer components and systems;
- Ability to use all mobile equipment and vehicles used in the shop, yard and road service;
- Perform general maintenance and service on the company and owner-operated vehicles which at times includes problem solving and diagnoses and keep a sense of urgency ;
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills;
- Work on blueprints, schematic drawings, service manuals and other information;
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment;
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems and emissions/after treatment systems, engine diagnostic software (Paccar, Detroit, Cummins, Volvo) is considered an asset
- Preference is given to those with welding experience and knowledge to perform non-structural welding.
- Perform adjustment and calibration to mechanical components;
- Perform modification and construct mechanical assemblies;
- Perform maintenance and low voltage repairs of electrical systems;
- Multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of workload
- Ability to manage a busy schedule with constant changes (flexible)
- Strong problem solving and computer skills;
- Must be able to work within strict established safety and work guidelines/rules to complete the job;
- Use various hand and power hand tools;
- Operate equipment such as overhead or mobile cranes and forklifts to assist in assignments;
If you’re excited about this opportunity and believe you are qualified to join our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume.
APPLY NOW BY EMAIL email@example.com
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status and are legally able to work in Canada. We would like to thank all applicants in advance, however only those qualified will be contacted.