Reporting to the President, the Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for assisting employees and managers with respect to several HR functional areas including workforce planning, engagement, learning and development, performance management, employee relations, workplace safety and health and wellness.
Since 1986, Len Dubois Trucking has been meeting the transportation and logistics needs of its clients across North America. It has been our tradition through two generations to create the highest standard of service that exceeds our customer’s expectations.
Len Dubois Trucking believes that it is important to give back to the community where we work, live, and play. We have been very involved in our charities of choice: The Winnipeg Santa Claus Parade, The Children’s Museum, Special Olympics, and STARS Air Ambulance.
At Len Dubois – Your Trust Drives Us!
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for:
- Review, organize, recommend, and develop internal policies
- Create, manage, and present training plans for employees based on job classes
Create and distribute HR documents and correspondence
- Create employment contracts and job offer letters
- Review, organize, and create job descriptions
- Assist management with corrective discipline, conflict resolution, and terminations
- Produce record of employment documents (ROE)
- Assist with hiring and onboarding new employees
- Post and advertise vacant positions and participate in the selection process
- Assist in creating a recruitment plan for drivers and owner/operators
- Act as the Pay Equity Team lead
- Track employee milestones, anniversaries, and birthdays
- Track employee performance review schedules and advise managers
- Track and maintain employee files
- Boost employee performance and morale by encouraging better interpersonal relationships between all departments
- Generate relevant reports and update management
- Time off/vacation/ attendance management tracking
- Create and deliver employee surveys
- Participate in our charitable giving/events
- Create and participate in a social committee and host events
- Administer benefit plans and future RRSP matching plan
- Manage and liaise WCB claims
- Manage & participate in our RPM safety certification & WHS
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary education in Human Resource Management
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in similar HR role.
- Broad knowledge and experience of legislative compliance (Federally regulations) with respect to employment and health & safety legislation.
- High level of initiative with demonstrated ability to be adaptable, work effectively and independently with a focus on meeting business objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to probe, analyze and problem-solve issues.
- Proven ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints, maintaining the confidentiality and modeling respectful behaviour.
Solid computer skills with experience using MS Office
- Experience with an electronic payroll system is an asset
What We Offer
- A dynamic, growing, award-winning company with the opportunity to take your career to the next level
- A strong corporate culture that is committed to personal and professional growth
- A strong compensation package, with excellent benefits
- Continuous learning opportunities to enhance your career
- Working with a fun team that maintains a family-like atmosphere
- A corporate uncompromising commitment to safety
- Strong support from the organization’s ownership
- Hours of work: Monday to Friday (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) with some on-call hours if emergencies arise.
If you’re excited about this opportunity and believe you are qualified to join our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send us your resume through Indeed here.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status and are legally able to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance, however only those qualified will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent