The start of a new year upon us. Hopefully everyone enjoyed their holiday.
2013 was a great year around these parts and we head into 2014 stronger than ever. But there’s always room for improvement.
New Years resolution time!
Here at Len Dubois Trucking our New Years Resolution is simple. We’re always attempted to improve safety and compliance. We are working on reducing silly tickets, such as, seat belt violations. The best way is through driver education.
Personal and professional goals are important. Here are a few tips to set out and achieve your goals (or New Years Resolutions).
- Big goals do not get achieved. Break big lofty goals into it’s smallest parts. Set up many smaller tasks which make up the big idea. Small simple goals are achievable. For example, if you want to eat healthier subtract one bad eating habit at a time and pick up one good habit at a time. Take little steps and by years end, you’ll be eating a healthy diet.
- If it’s worth doing, it’s worth writing it down. Write down your set of goals. Stick it on your fridge at home and inside your truck where you’ll see it regularly.
- Make a plan. Map out specific actions and a time table. Allot a realistic amount of time for each goal.
- Tell people and keep them up to date. Actually, keep yourself up to date. Start a blog about your progress. Tell a story about your experience, such as, what you’re learning, the feelings, challenges, and set backs.
- Set goals you actually care to achieve. Healthy living is a good one. You have an invested interest in your health. But maybe you truly feel you eat well enough, in which case, healthier living is a cliche New Years Resolution. Choose something you’d like to improve – something important to you. This is your self improvement.