Busy Winnipeg Trucking Company
We are looking for an experienced truck and trailer technician to join our dynamic and growing team. At Len Dubois Trucking, we are proud of our commitment to safety, and it starts at home with well-maintained, modern facilities and equipment. Since 1986, Len Dubois Trucking has been exceeding the transportation and logistics needs of our clients, dedicated to the highest standard of service.
Our Journeyperson Truck and Trailer Technician reports directly to the maintenance manager. Completing preventative maintenance and repairs on our fleet in a timely and efficient manner. By diagnosing problems found during inspections, and providing correct repairs the technician ensures the unit is safe and roadworthy.
What we offer
- Strong compensation package including competitive wages and excellent benefits.
- Flexible schedule consisting of four 10-hour days (Wednesday – Saturday).
- Well-lit, organized and modern work facilities and equipment.
- Full coverall/uniform service provided.
- A company-wide uncompromising commitment to the highest safety standards.
- CTPAT and RPM-certified workplace.
- Tool and boot allowance upon completion of a 3-month probationary period.
- Opportunities to pursue further education with book and tuition reimbursement upon completion of course/verification of grades.
- On-site equipment training certifications (forklift, etc.).
- A positive corporate culture dedicated to personal and professional growth.
- Employee appreciation events.
- Equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and respectful workforce.
- Preventative and predictive maintenance according to manufacturers recommended schedule or as necessary;
- General maintenance and service on company and owner-operated vehicles;
- Daily maintenance and safety checks on all vehicles, equipment and tools;
- Non-structural welding, adjustment and calibration to mechanical components, maintenance of low voltage electrical repairs;
- Interpret work orders, technical manuals, inspection and repair reports;
- Perform pre-trip, and post-trip inspections on vehicles, ensuring safety and roadworthiness;
- Comply with all provincial and federal safety statutes;
- Adopt safe work practices to protect self and coworkers by maintaining a clean, organized and safe work environment;
- Demonstrate effort to improve operations, decrease turnarounds times and streamline work processes;
- Establish functional working relationships with coworkers and owner-operators to ensure proper and effective communication;
- Contribute to our positive company culture by maintaining a professional and respectful attitude;
- Instruct and assist apprentices;
- General shop duties;
- Use various hand and power hand tools;
- Operate equipment such as front-end loader, scissor lift, forklift and skid steer to assist in assignments (training provided as necessary);
- Regular, predictable, full attendance;
- Maintain contact with teammates to keep updated on repairs performed and/or required.
Our successful candidate will have
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Red Seal Certification.
- Ability to manage a busy schedule and maintain flexibility in a high-volume workload.
- A positive, professional and motivated attitude.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Valid Class 3 license, air endorsed considered an asset.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, emissions/after-treatment systems, and engine diagnostic systems (Detroit, Cummins, Volvo) is considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$34.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Schedule: 10-hour shift
How to Apply