You know those terrible microwavable ramen noodles or soup cups? Welp, if you premake a stir fry, sans the noodles – you can throw away the flavor packs and have fresh noodles for a tasty stir fry!
- 2 packages instant ramen noodles or instant soup, discard flavor packets
- 1/3 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
Premake the good stuff at home and freeze it.
In a medium bowl, whisk together beef stock, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar and Sriracha.
Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
Stir in garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in beef stock mixture, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
Freeze it. When you’re on the road, heat it and the noodles separately in the microwave
Stir in ramen noodles so they’re coated in sauce.
Garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if you’re feeling fancy.