Prep these at home for a tasty dinner on the road! Use a portable grill or microwave to heat up at dinner time. So much better than fast food or truckstops!
- 1 Tbsp butter, cut into pieces
- 1 small red onion, 1/2 finely chopped, 1/2 thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 ¼ lb(s) ground chicken
- 1 Tbsp grill seasoning (recommended: McCormick brand) a palm full
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp honey (eyeball it)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 heaping Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups shredded cabbage mix
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cornmeal Kaiser rolls, split
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped onions, garlic and tomato paste and sweat them for 5 minutes to soften and sweeten. Sprinkle in sugar and remove from heat. Cool in a bowl, 5 minutes. Add tomato paste mixture, Worcestershire, hot sauce to bowl and combine. Add chicken to the bowl then grill seasoning and combine the burgers well to evenly distribute the flavors and form 4 patties. Wash up.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties 6 minutes on each side.
- Combine the honey, lemon juice, and remaining extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl. Add relish, cabbage mix and sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Toss the slaw to coat and reserve.
- Serve burgers on bun bottoms topped with slaw and bun tops.