Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will work closely with the Operations Department, acting as a liaison between our in-house dispatch team and customers. The successful candidate will generate leads, establish new business relationships and provide excellent service to our existing client base. As the Business Development Manager, you will work to identify and attract business opportunities in the United States and Canada.
Founded in 1986, Len Dubois Trucking is a family-owned long-haul trucking company. Currently, our fleet includes approximately 80 trucks. At Len Dubois Trucking, you will be working with a group of smart, driven and ambitious people passionate about their careers. We work to identify gaps in our industry and encourage innovative ideas to create solutions. The Dubois Group of Companies includes a trucking business, a freight brokerage and a truck repair shop.
Please apply using Indeed or email our Human Resources team directly at email@example.com
- Obtain new business by pursuing prospective leads and cold-calling.
- Establish and maintain relationships with our current customer base.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospective clients.
- Obtain rates for customers, and provide quotes/pricing promptly.
- Assist with processing and booking freight out of the United States and Canada.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations and other sales actions. Some travel may be required.
- Support marketing efforts such as trade shows, golf tournaments and other industry events.
- Use dispatch software to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Coordinate with and prepare reports for CFO and other department managers.
- Act as liaison between Operations Department and customers.
- Recognize opportunities to take advantage of and discrepancies to proactively solve problems.
- Contribute to team efforts by displaying a “go-getter” attitude and accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Efficient on the phones.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Sound time management and the ability to prioritize.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 suite, especially Excel.
- In-depth knowledge of customer service communications, sales principals and methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
Education & Experience Requirements
- A University degree (or equivalent) in business, communications or related field.
- Direct sales or telesales experience of 3-5+ years.
- Experience in Logistics Sales strongly considered an asset.
- Experience in cross-border transportation considered an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Winnipeg, MB R0H 2E6